Thursday, October 22, 2009

Open Book - Neglected Classics

BBC Radio 4's programme Open Book is running a Neglected Classics series where established authors champion an under-rated title from the past.

The books championed are:

The Polyglots by William Gerhardie

The Rector's Daughter by F M Mayor

A Hero of Our Time by Mikhail Lermontov

Many Dimensions by Charles Williams

Esther Waters by George Moore

The Quest for Corvo by A J A Symons

Rasselas by Samuel Johnson

Carol by Patricia Highsmith

The Snow Goose by Paul Gallico

Miss Mackenzie by Anthony Trollope

You can read more about the Neglected Classics series, vote, and suggest your own neglected favourites here.

2 comments:

Jane Badger said...

I got very excited when I read the full piece because I wasn't reading it properly and my eye had landed on Trollope's Small House at Allington, which I have actually read, only to find it was not on the list at all. Ho hum. I have read The Snow Goose though.

Juxtabook said...

I have to confess that I haven't read any of them though I have sold The Snowgoose often.

Related Posts with Thumbnails